Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing like warm chocolate chip cookies and a nice glass of milk to sweeten your day!
#Cookies #ChocolateChip #Delicious
"When the going gets tough, the tough make cookies" –Erma Bombeck
I have a confession; I'm not a fan of dark chocolate (don't judge me). For me, the Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips speak to my heart and soul. However, I can appreciate the dark chocolate fan base and for that reason, I encourage you to explore your favorite chocolate additions with this recipe.
Family Moment: Our son absolutely loves making cookies with me; he puts on his little Dino apron and is ready to help Daddy.
1. Make sure you are using a quality butter! Brands like 'Kerrygold' are my favorite for baking.
2. Always sift your dry ingredients such as flour, salt, and especially baking powder and baking soda. This will help reduce lumps and make it easier to mix into other ingredients.
3. Invest in a nice baking pan. The last thing you want is a low quality baking pan that warps and ruins your cookies. I prefer the bakeware from 'Sur La Table' or 'Le Creuset' but no matter what brand you choose, this will save you so much headache when baking.
4. Allow the cookies to cool before moving them. Yes I know it's tempting but leave those cookies alone!
5. This recipe makes 20-24 delicious cookies.
2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
¾ Cup White Sugar
¾ Cup Brown Sugar
12 Tbsp of Salted Butter, softened
8 Tbsp Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Salt
2 Cups Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 375°F with both oven racks in the middle. Then line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, blend butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
Next, mix in applesauce then add vanilla extract. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure it is well combined.
In a separate bowl, sift your flour, baking soda and salt together.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and slowly blend. Again, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are well blended.
Next, using your hands or a scooper, scoop out walnut size amounts of cookie dough and shape them into balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Important: Bake for 6 minutes with one cookie sheet on the top rack and on the bottom rack. Then, rotate the cookie sheet to opposite racks and bake for another 7 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a bit before transferring to a wire/cookie rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!